Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tailgate Market


 Every Wednesday the local organic farmers, bakers and assorted food creators set up a marketplace next to the French Broad Food Co-op downtown Asheville.  You can find local produce, freshly baked bread, honey, flowers, bagels, goat milk soap and so much more.








One baker has his own wood fired oven with him and bakes all day long for the market - talk about freshly baked!




Of course there is always music to enjoy like these tow guys who were having a great time. 

Stop by Our World Tuesday for more glimpses of favorite places all over the world.


6 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

It looks like a terrific market! Our city has its farmer's market Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays, with lots of sellers of both food and other items like clothing, jewelry, fresh flowers, etc. No wood-fired over, though -- that takes the cake, no pun intended.

When I lived more centrally and worked right downtown, I'd get my bread and eggs every week. Now I hardly make it down there at all; maybe I ought to make more of an effort!

Linda Starr said...

wow what a neat oven

colleen said...

This looks very similar to what here in the mountains of Floyd VA. I just went to Our World Tuesday and it was still open! Try again.

Felicia said...

farmers markets are great.

Black Jack's Carol said...

I'm really big on organic produce so this sounds like a winner to me. The baker with the on-site oven and the musicians would really bring a down-home feel to the day. I've lost touch with an email pal from the Carolina Mountains but your post brought many of his descriptions back.

Carver said...

I love markets like these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis