Monday, July 28, 2014

Lovely Visitor


After a cool night a few weeks back I found this lovely Lunar Moth resting on the gravel driveway.  I moved her to a safer spot and as soon as the sun warmed her up she flew off.

Sorry I have been neglecting this blog.  I still take many photos but have also gotten involved with an online photo group and moved this blog to Facebook - follow along  by LIKING the page in the sidebar.  Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to seeing more of you. 

I am joining in on Our World Tuesday today!


8 comments:

Felicia said...

the moth is gorgeous.

Pradeepa said...

Lovely! I have never seen one like that.

lotusleaf said...

What a lovely visitor!

Arija said...

How wonderful! Like a special ghostly apparition.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Beautiful!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
XOXO

Carole M. said...

how beautiful and spectacular!

Andrea Priebe said...

As a child my father used to teach us about butterflies and Moths and, of course, the Luna Moth was a favorite. I was in my 70's before I actually saw one. I was cutting weeds on my hill and it was resting in the shade of a burr bush ... of course I took pictures and then let her be ... by the next day she was gone. I treasured the moment. I am sure you felt the same way ... beautiful picture and lucky you.

Andrea @ From The Sol

eileeninmd said...

A gorgeous moth, great sighting.. Enjoy your week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis