Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Smoky Mountain Sunset




According to the Groundhog, we have 6 more weeks of winter.  Somehow, I am not surprised with the way things have been going.  The Middle and Northeast of US will be blasted with three snow storms in a row this week - luckily our area is only getting rain.


I caught this lovely sunset last week, with just enough clouds to make  it interesting. The top pic is a close up of the same sunset viewed from the Grove Park Inn.  Hope everyone is surviving the winter cold and snow!

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

What a stunning sky! I so seldom see a sunset, due to the location of my unit. Sometimes, though, on the way to work I can catch a glorious sunrise.

Some of us are desperate for GREEN, as usual each winter. This year more than ever, with the winter we've been having.

NCmountainwoman said...

Gorgeous. What a great photograph.

Lui said...

Oh I hope spring comes early.

It is hot in my tropical country.

Appalachian Lady said...

Did you get a lot of snow last week?
These photos are fantastic. I can't seem to get sunset photos where I live.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis