Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Still Raining...



At least it is not snow or freezing rain like many places across the country are experiencing. My next post will have pictures of the white stuff.  We will get 2-3 inches on Thursday - our first snow this season. In the drizzle, I walked around outside and took some shots of the drops on the holly bush and larch


The birds seem to be enjoying the mild weather in spite of the rain. There is a sweet Carolina wren who comes to this feeder but I have yet to get a photo of her.  She sits on the porch railing and chirps away to tell me the feeder is empty!  As soon as I move away from the window, she flies off. She is very shy and never sits still!  One of these days I will be fast enough to get her picture!


And our spring bulbs are coming up two months too soon.  If we get the cold front later this week I don't know how they will fare!  Hope you are staying dry wherever you are!


4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Those birds are gorgeous!!! Such hardy souls! Yay for bird food!

It's so nice to see the first signs of spring! take care
x

NCmountainwoman said...

Yep, still raining here too. Love the sweet birds.

Linda Starr said...

We only got a day of rain down here, love the shot of the fir dripping with water, makes me miss living in the mountains.

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Nice photos.
I wouldn't worry about the bulbs sprouting too much. They do that and are fine if it freezes again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis