Friday, January 11, 2013

Low Clouds in Life



The clouds sit very low today and some are caught on the mountain peaks, making for a gloomy drizzly overcast day.  But on a positive note, it is more like a warm spring day.

My mood has been more like this over the past month.  We have had n snow but lots of rain or overcast days.  I have mild SAD but this year it seems worse.  At times I wish I was a bear and could hibernate for the next two months and wake up in spring - a new world and a new beginning.

Part of this mood is grieving over losing my cat Joey - still going over the what ifs and what I missed. I know it was meant to be but it seems so final.  After losing so many pets over the years, I realize that when it is their time to go there is nothing that can change that.  I have seen cats survive incredible odds to live long lives and then others succumb early on  to sudden illness.  I think that their lives are predestined and they  have a finite time to experience life on earth before they return to spirit.  Knowing that doesn't make it easier to handle  losing them .


Dark and somber, the mountains still cast their spell on me.

“Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.”  - W.B. Yeats

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

My mom always said that too...that we all have a finite number of heartbeats and when you're done, you're done. Fated, I suppose you could say.

You know, even after almost 2 years I still can play the "what if" game re: Annie. I just do my best not to go down that road anymore, because it can't change anything.

And the weird thing is that once in a long while, when I'm in bed and either reading or have just turned out the light, I'll feel a jump onto the covers--except when I look there's either no cat there or the boys are already there sleeping. I wonder if Annie still hangs around. :-)

Anyway, wishing you sunny days, and Light for your spirit.

eileeninmd said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your Joey! I also know how it feels to loose a loved pet, they are part of the family and dearly missed. I hope with each day you feel a less sad. Lovely poem, wish you a happy weekend!

NCmountainwoman said...

We have definitely had more than our share of gray, gloomy days. Here's hoping for some brighter weather to lift your spirits.

Appalachian Lady said...

Sorry about the loss of your dear cat, Joey. But I'm glad you were feeling well enough to get these great shots of the mountains. I enjoyed the weekend warm weather but will be braving the cold pretty soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis