Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dona Nobis Pacem 2011


November 4 is BlogBlast for Peace which began in 2006 with a small number of blog posts promoting peace.  Today thousands of blogs across the globe post for peace on this day.  This is my peace post for 2011.

I am fortunate to live in a very beautiful part of the country and whenever I feel the need to stop the world and get off, I only have to take a hike in the woods behind my house, gaze across the pasture at the ponies and goats, take a short drive to the mountain peaks nearby or just stroll in my garden and inhale the fragrances.  Nature is my energy source, my calm in the storm, my contact with the Great Spirit.  I hope you enjoy these photos of my world and the peace quotes below them. May you walk in peace.




"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."  - John Muir 

 




"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." - Thich Nhat Hanh



"Peace is always beautiful" - Walt Whitman




"The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us."  - Black Elk

15 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Wonderful post, Cheri. You do live in such a glorious part of the world.

And oh, how I do understand the connection to Nature!

Universal Peace and Blessings to you.

Old Kitty said...

Such wonderful quotes - thank you! And I'm so glad you do live in such a gloriously beautiful and peaceful part of the world - cos I get to share some of their beauty on your blog! Yay!!

Take care
x

Karen Jo said...

I love your photos and quotes. Peace be with you today and every day.

Jo said...

Wonderful post, Cheri. I, too, can just step outside (or look through my office window!) and inhale the peace of the valley I live in. Have a great weekend. Jo

Ivanhoe said...

Beautiful! That's what I need. Nature in my backyard. Hopefully, when the economy picks up I'll be able to sell my house and get a farm in a country :) Peace to you today and always!

Carver said...

Beautiful post for peace.

Travis Cody said...

Excellent! You do live in a beautiful place.

Best wishes to you and yours for peace today and in all the days to come.

catsynth said...

Beautiful peace globe incorporating the natural scenery. It's great that you are in a place that brings you such peace and support.

Finding Pam said...

A beautiful peace globe filled with Naure's beauty.

Peace be with you.

Anndi said...

Your post leaves me smiling and peaceful... ahhh!

Peace, it's everywhere.

Adelle Laudan said...

How nice to have a little piece of heaven out your back door. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Peace be with you and yours always.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this post and the photos of your beautiful part of the world. I especially love the quote by Black Elk. Thanks for blogging for peace.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I love your photos. Your mountains are amazing.

Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and your kind comment. I truly appreciate it. :)

ConnieFoggles said...

Ah, yes. Nature and peace are a beautiful couple.

Annelisa said...

I always love Blogblast4Peace, because it brings me back to wonderful places like you have here...I remember that good feeling last year when I visited...Simply by blogging about your beautiful, breath-taking back yard, you allow all of us to soak up some of your peace...thanks for sharing it!

[A link to your post will be on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' soon]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis