Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mountain State Fair


We went to the fair last week and had a great time. We just stay on the ground and watch the rides, view the prize winning exhibits and visit the animals.   They had been showing the pig races on the local news station nd we made sure we got to see that.  It was difficult to photograph the races as the kids were so excited that they kept jumping up in front of me or waving their hands.  I have included the video from the fair from YouTube so you can get a taste of the pig/duck/goat races.






My favorite is always the animals.  I love the Brahmans - so huge, quiet and expressive.  They are actually very adaptable to different climates , intelligent, inquisitive and actually shy.

Brahma bull

This year they set up a "Mooturnity" ward for the cows who were about to have calves.  Many were born during the fair and it was great for the kids and adults to see.




Newborn calf




Sleepy pig



Llama
We are playing Camera Critters, Straight Out of the Camera Sunday, Mosaic Monday, Our World Tuesday

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos from the fair. I love all the animals too. My favorite part of the state fairs is to see all the critters. Wonderful photos, have a great weekend.

ladyfi said...

What cute critters. I do love a good fair!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww the animals are here are just lovely and so accomodating - giving birth in public - must be so nerve racking for all concerned!

Fabulous pics! Take care
x

Teresa said...

Looks fun. I love those animal pictures.

chubskulit said...

Beautiful shots.!

My critters, please come by when you get a chance, have a blessed Sunday!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Lovely photos.

Regards and best wishes

GrandmaK said...

Fairs really are entertaining. Enjoyed your collages! Have a grand day! Cathy

Snap said...

I love fairs and livestock shows. Love watching the animals (more entertaining than people). Looks like you had a great time!

Kim, USA said...

Fairs is fun and I could tell everybody is having fun. Great shots too.

The Rose

Annie @ButteryBooks said...

I just love country fairs and seeing the farm animals. Very nice shots.

Barb said...

Love your animal photos - I sure wish I had that calf's eyelashes! The pig looks mighty happy.

Gattina said...

That was certainly a lot of fun ! I love the face of sleeping Miss Piggy !

Arija said...

Hog gone it, that is one fun fair to go to. Your photos do it justice. That hog sure knows real contentment.

Jackie said...

That pig certainly looks contented, he's smiling, must be having a pleasant dream about something.

Saun said...

That was fun love the little pig shot :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis