Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Rhododendron
Our yard is still awash in spring color with babies of all species being born around us. This post is dedicated to mothers the world over of all species.  Sending love and light to all, especially Mother Earth.
Nature -- the Gentlest Mother is 
Nature -- the Gentlest Mother is,
Impatient of no Child --
The feeblest -- or the waywardest --
Her Admonition mild --

In Forest -- and the Hill --
By Traveller -- be heard --
Restraining Rampant Squirrel --
Or too impetuous Bird --

How fair Her Conversation --
A Summer Afternoon --
Her Household -- Her Assembly --
And when the Sun go down --

Her Voice among the Aisles
Incite the timid prayer
Of the minutest Cricket --
The most unworthy Flower --

When all the Children sleep --
She turns as long away
As will suffice to light Her lamps --
Then bending from the Sky --

With infinite Affection --
And infiniter Care --
Her Golden finger on Her lip --
Wills Silence -- Everywhere -- 
by Emily Dickinson
On a foggy day.

Our rhododendron "tree"




White iris



Young turkey in nearby field.



Our Lily and her daughter Smidge.

Purple iris



Yellow iris
Camera Critters 
Flowers on Saturday 
Scenic Sunday 
Today's Flowers 

16 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Of course Mother Nature is the bestest mother of all!! I love this poem - such beautiful words!

Your irises are gorgeous!!! I love turkey - live ones!!!! - I think they are such characters! Hello there beautiful Lily and Smidge and fun squirrel!!

Have a lovely weekend! Your new look blog is very very pretty! Take care
x

Dave said...

Beautiful post I especially like the photo of Lily and Smidge the way their heads are together forms a love heart shape between them brilliant for mothers day.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful flowers and post, I wish you a very happy Mothers Day!

Odie Langley said...

Wonderful post my friend, Happy Mother's Day.

Life Ramblings said...

lovely captures with a great accompanying poem. Happy Mother's Day!

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous captures, happy mother's day!

My Critter post, please come and see.

Modern Mom said...

Beautiful blooms and lovely words. Happy Mother's Day.

My entry.

Greyscale Territory said...

Adore the colour of the rhododendron! Simply beautiful! And love the series of photos following!

Ewa said...

I hope your having a wonderful day!

Becca said...

Your cats are beautiful...they look like twins in that picture :)

Melody said...

Oh the flowers are beautiful. Love the pic of the kitties headbutting.

Appalachian Lady said...

I love the photo of the cats too. And, I think I have the same yellow iris in my yard which is just beginning to bloom.

SquirrelQueen said...

What beautiful flowers! I love the kitty shot, they are adorable.

And of course I adore the squirrel!

EG Wow said...

So many beautiful blossoms, Cheri. And I really like the Emily Dickinson poem. Thanks!

Michelle said...

I just found your blog. Love the flower pics. I'm from NC, too. Nice to "meet" you. :)

Louvregirl said...

Lovely post! I enjoyed the (many) flower close-ups :-) especially...
lg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis