Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day!


This was not an easy capture - my cats are very skittish of any new object and will run in panic from a simple hat.  My trick is to sneak up on them sleeping, try to gently place something on them, and  take a quick picture before they freak.  Georgie, on the right tolerates things better than Sam on the left.  He looks a bit nervous and if I put the pin a little to his side he backed away!


Chica my 20 year old cat was more than happy to oblige!  She doesn't get too upset about much of anything!

On St Pat's and always...

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
~Irish Blessing







Friday My Town Shoot Out
Camera Critters

20 comments:

Jo said...

Oh your cats are simplyu gorgeous, Cheri. Happy St Patrick's day to you. Blessings and hugs Jo

Old Kitty said...

Yay for beautiful Georgie and Sam!!!! Awwww!

Happy St Patrick's Day to y'all!!! Take care
x

Odie Langley said...

That sure is a beautiful pair.

Kea said...

We think that's a great pic, very cute! Our mom doesn't even try, that's why she fools around with Picnik. Ha.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all!

-Fuzzy Tales

Sarah said...

Whahahahaha Love them...my cat would not sit still for hats..how did you do that???!!! She does not mind the camera..but hats..not so much LOL!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Sarah :)

Pauline said...

I don't know any cats that would be so patient! They look adorable!

Jidhu Jose said...

cute shots

DawnTreader said...

Poor kitties LOL
St Patrick's not celebrated where I live, green stuff of that kind around.
DawnTreader's Picture Book: Friday My Town

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

What a great idea and made for some beautiful photos. Noting like the pets for precious pics. Love your blog background.
QMM

GingerV said...

the white cats with the green eyes makes a great photo. need to take another photo with no hat /pin for future enjoyment.

Sandra said...

they are beautiful, and they even have green eyes, I mean how much more irish can you get?

In the eye of the beholder said...

I hope you had a great St. Patrick's day. You have beautiful cats.

spiritsoflena said...

Your cats are beautiful!

J9 said...

My cat would never sit still for anything like this! Even asleep she jumps if I place anything near her.

chubskulit said...

Oh how gorgeous!

My Camera Critter post, have a nice weekend.

Dubster said...

what a cuties

happy st patrick day

Jama said...

The cats are cute! We didn't have any St Patrick Day celebrations here.

Doreen said...

pretty kitties! the last one looks like, ok, what more stuff are you going to put on me. sheesh Mom!!

Rebecca said...

Cute kitties.

lisaschaos said...

One of my dogs is skittish too so I understand what you mean. Looks like you made everyone comfortable and they're fun shots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis