Friday, December 17, 2010

Photo Hunt - Male



Cars are masculine things - large, flashy and fast. The holidays are usually not the male domain but I have noticed some automobile decorations that might classify as male one altho I am sure the woman of the house helped out! I saw the one above in the mountains near Pineola, a few years back. Creative use for retired school bus to spread holiday cheer.



As I have been driving around town doing errands, I keep noticing this SUV decked out as Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer but never got to photograph it until I was at the Post Office today! After I took this pic, I kept seeing other cars and trucks with the antlers and nose on too! They made me smile!


And if cars don't signify male, then a snowman definitely does! These two sprouted out of the 4" snowfall we had a few days back. The first one sits at the end of our neighbor's driveway and the one below in front of the hair salon - I think those are curlers for hair!




A fellow blogger and animal rescuer is having a comment-a-thon this weekend on her blog to raise money for a larger cat shelter. Please stop by and leave a comment at Daily Dose of Dogs - a sponsor will donate 50 cents for each comment to her fund. It is a worthy cause!

Visit Photo Hunt for more male pics and Scenic Sunday for lovely scenes the world over. Happy weekend everybody. Stay safe, warm and give yourself time to rest, relax, play and enjoy the season.

8 comments:

Donnie said...

Such cute photos. I really enjoyed them. Thanks.

Cezar and Léia said...

Beautiful pictures, lots of snow there !
I'm enchanted by your header, it's wonderful, congratulations!
*** Many thanks for your kind visit and comment!
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

YTSL said...

Wow, looks like people in your town are really going to town (ahem...) with the Christmas decorations. ;b

Odie Langley said...

Great pictures and the link had some great cat pictures as well. Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.
Odie

Old Kitty said...

I love it when people get creative with their cars!! Brilliant!! the Rudolf car is the best though - right down to its antlers! LOL!!

Brilliant pics - very festive!! Thanks for the links too and the pics! Take care
x

Kim, USA said...

That's pretty cool!! Happy weekend!
Photo Hunt-Male

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Hello. Thanks for sharing the cute winter/Christmas pics. I'm visiting your blog for the first time and like it. I'll be back.
At our house, our car and our pickup are both girls.

EG Wow said...

I enjoyed your interpretation of "male."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis