Sunday, December 5, 2010

Helping Others


The tree is up and decorated and my cats are enjoying the gift wrapping, card writing activities. December is flying by and before you know it  Christmas will be here.  My friend Cat of Corner of Cat's Mind has promised to do acts of giving this month in honor of the season.  I would like to join her and do the same.  So many people and pets go without while we all have so much.  If all we do is donate money, time or clothing, blankets and food to one charity, it goes a long way.

I am an avid animal lover so I will be helping homeless pets out this week by featuring a sweet cat named Moosie who lost her human mom and cat brother not long ago.  She is an older cat and needs a forever home to live out the rest of her life.  Please read her story here and do what you can to help.


Since I provide a forever home to my rescued  feral cats, I am also donating 20% of the December income from my "Flea Market" blog to help a private animal rescuer build a larger cat shelter.  Please visit Wildcat Woods Vintage Treasures - I am sure you will find a great gift and be helping us and Chrystal's Rescue too. UPDATE - Over the weekend one of Chrystal's pet dogs (the rescue group I am sponsoring) was accidentally shot by deer hunters in her yard.  Waggles will be OK but now she has vet bills to pay too.  All the more reason to help her by donating or purchasing from my Vintage Treasures shop.

Thanks for stopping by and helping out. Wishing you all a very warm and wonderful holiday season!

11 comments:

Pondside said...

I love your header - a little of everything Christmassy!

Jo said...

Oh Cheri, bless you for helping the homeless animals even more at this time of the year. If I was closer I'd take in dear Moosie. Have a great week, Jo

Odie Langley said...

You are really getting into the real spirit of the season and I thank you for that. I hope you raise a bundle for the needy animals.

Catherine said...

How beautiful!!! I love it! And your donation ~ fantastic!!!

Oh yes indeed ~ I was at our local SPCA yesterday to drop some stuff off and stayed and played with most of the kitties there. While it is sad to see them there, I know they are so much better off when it is so cold and snowy here ~ much too cold for kitties to be outside!

Banjo and I are keeping our paws and fingers crossed that sweet Moosie finds a new home. She looks like a kitty with lots of love to give!

Sending you the biggest hugs and kisses!!
xo Catherine

Old Kitty said...

I really hope sweet Moosie finds a forever home - she deserves one asap!!!!

Yay for your very thoughtful post - this is the perfect time to really try and do all we can for others and other creatures!!

Take care
x

Kea said...

We're all purring hard for Moosie!

And we all thank you for being such a wonderful human and caring so much!

Vee said...

Best wishes on all your endeavors to help. Moosie is so handsome that I know she'll be scooped up and taken to someone's loving home. Your mackeral kitty has such expression and attitude!

Louvregirl said...

Oh~she's so cute! I pray that she will have a home for Christmas! I am 'full up.'

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

A love your holiday background and header. A beautiful post, once again.

Marites said...

those cats are so cute and adorable! I do hope that the shot dog will have a fast recovery!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful mosaic, and you are very sweet to help the homeless animals. Great post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis