Saturday, October 2, 2010

Last Harvest

Our garden is pretty bare these days but I did go by the honor system produce stand at Flying Cloud Farm, a local organic farm minutes from our house to see what they had to offer. They were chock full of lots of fall goodies - pumpkins, squash, lettuces, beets, hot peppers and colorful flower bouquets. These photos of the produce and prices are our entry to today's Photo Hunt - Letters.







 Right behind the stand are long rows of lovely flowers which they grow for local restaurants and businesses.  The wind was blowing and the tall  stalks were waving to and fro in the breeze. The dahlias were just stunning. We are expecting to get down in the 30's in the next night so I am sure most of these flowers will not be there next week. 










Thanks for stopping by - please do visit Scenic Sunday, Today's Flowers and Photo Hunt - Letters.

16 comments:

Marta said...

Great fall display. I love markets and this one looks particularly charming.

Odie Langley said...

Great bunch of pictures, thanks and have a wonderful weekend.
Odie

eileeninmd said...

Grreat post and photos. I love stopping at these kind sof produce stands. The veggies and flowers look wonderful.

Old Kitty said...

Oh how beautiful!! Beautiful beautiful beautiful flowers!! Thanks for sharing these fab pics of them. It's a great last minute flush of colour before all settles down for autumn/winter!!

The vegetables are fabulous!! Look at those chards!!! WOW!!!!! It's a lovely stall and puts most sleek supermarket ones to shame!! Take care
x

cat said...

Lovely series of photos. What a charming stand :)

KarenG said...

That winter squash is making my mouth water. This time of year I want butternut, acorn, all the winter squash. And our garden produced none! One year we had a whole wagon full of winter squash. Oh happy abundance!

Elaine said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog..makes me feel a bit closer to my sister who lives In NC.. I remember her mother-in-law always grew many beautiful flowers that she sold at markets.

Thanks for sharing.

chubskulit said...

I always love dahlias!

Today's Flower's post

kanak7 said...

I love the display of the last harvest with the small flowers and the large flowers:) Awesome shots of the dahlias and cosmos. Scenic Sunday sounds very nice (haven't heard of the meme before)and your photos have done full justice to it!

Kanak

Lui said...

The stand reminded me of the organic producers I hosted every week at the garden of the art center I managed before. The prices are pretty much the same. I'm glad you support them by buying?

And their flowers are simply gorgeous!

LC said...

very nice and creates a wonderful sense of the season... L

Kitty said...

Your post has made me so excited about the autumn! I so love this time of year. Seeing the great shapes of the squashes has put me in the mood for making soups, and some sweet pumpkin bread. Happy harvest! :)

Genie said...

I like the concept of the honor system store. It is so dear and the flowers behind it are beautiful. We still have a few blooming up here, but they are quickly fading away. Winter is going to upon us before we know it. I really liked this post, but then, I always LOVE your posts.

Hugs,
Genie

ladyfi said...

What wonderful flowers!

25BAR said...

That must be very satisfying!

ladyfi said...

What lovely veggies and flowers. Looks sunny over where you are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis