Friday, September 24, 2010

Clouds Catching on Peaks




Just a hint of color on the high mountains now but they will be in full color in a few weeks.  These were taken from the Blue Ridge Parkway near Linville and at Linville Ridge Country Club. I love how the clouds scrape the mountain peaks and seem to get caught there. It meant for more rain in the area but the views were spectacular.







In this photo you are looking at the profile of Grandfather Mountain.  Hope you enjoyed the views today.  Please stop by Friday Finding Beauty and Skywatch Friday for more great pics.

I changed my blog background to highlight the fall header pic - are the dots too much or can you read the print without going nuts?  Thanks for your input!

11 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh I thoroughly enjoyed the views, thank you!! I love the clouds too and oh just look at Grandfather Mountain - an apt and lovely name!! I love your new look blog - very autumnal!! I cant' wait to see these views change colours - that must be spectacular! Thanks for sharing!
Take care
x

Rambling Round said...

How I'd love to be there when the leaves peak! The dots are fine to me.

Odie Langley said...

I never tire of looking at any pictures of a mountain. Lovely.

claudie said...

WOW I actually drove those mountains while going to visit a dear bloggy friend in March. Spectacular. Two of my fav. girls live in N.C.
Thanks for the memories. I enjoyed that trip so very much.
Happy FFB
Love Claudie from Canada
xoxoxo

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Beautiful photos!!

moe lauher said...

Great photographs - I'm glad I noticed your blog - now I have another place to visit.

Genie said...

I immediately noticed you had changed your blog background. It is really neat...I like it. So where are you off to this weekend. These photos of G’father are great. Been there many times. Hope all is well with you. Weezie and I are fine.

Hugs,
Genie

NCmountainwoman said...

I do love the fog on the mountain tops and in the deep valleys. The dots are very pleasing to the eye and not a distraction at all.

Webster said...

I really like the new Fall look of your blog. Nice job, and as usual, great photos. Thanks.

Genie said...

Cheri...I have a Canon EOS XSi and love it. My daughter - Flickr Pokety Patch - and my son both have the same camera. Have bought two extra lenses for it...a telephoto and a 50mm. All of the pictures for the last 2 weeks have been with the 50mm lens on AV. I am trying to learn to use that lens to its best advantage. It has been a struggle, but think I am making a little progress. For every 30 shots I end of with 2 I really like and keep. Thanks for the kind comment

Hugs
Genie

Sarah said...

Oh, what amazing photos of the fog moving in across the mountain top. Beautiful! ~ Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis