Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bungalows and Gardens on White Wednesday



We have been going on a few house and garden tours of our area. I had a few odd shots of white items from all the tours and wanted to showcase them together. The house above had lovely sheer curtains on the porch for privacy and were billowing in the wind. Notice the lighted number eight on the fence!



They had this unusual fencing for the driveway gate - a simple metal gate under lovey branches and bent twigs. I don't do it justice in the photo but there were glass beads attached to the tree branches on the gate that shimmered when the light caught them.



The lovely white arch lead us into a small courtyard just outside the front door. And the metal bench full of white stuffed animals was too cute to pass up.



This imaginative gate was made from salvage building materials and posts. I loved the old sink filled to the brim with flowers cascading over the edge. This was a lovely shade garden behind the house with the number eight on the fence.





I smiled when I spotted this basement window painted with a cat looking through the curtain out the window. Creative way to camouflage!



Hope you enjoyed my White Wednesday. Please make sure you visit Faded Charm for more. I am also joining in on Outdoor Wednesday today too.

10 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE bungalows!!!

Old Kitty said...

What a beautiful stunning house!! How creative are these home owners!! I love how the materials are recycled and used so imaginatively!! Absolutely brilliant!! What a lovely lovely home! Thank you for sharing these fabulous pics of this most unusual and unique home!

Take care
x

Kea said...

What wonderful tours to take--such lovely gardens! That painted basement window is just brilliant; I love it!

Olive Cooper said...

A delightful tour. I truely enjoy the Mountains of N.C. as my mother is from there and I spent all my summers there as a child. I will follow your blog. Happy WW. ♦olive

Petie said...

Great shots...what character in these gardens with the beaded twig fence and the sink planting. Looks like it was a fun tour.

Appalachian Lady said...

I liked this garden and bungalow--lots of character and surprises. Thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

What a neat looking bungalow, the landscaping is fantastic.

Joyce said...

Love how they painted the cat on the window.
Joyce

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Great picture of garden gate w/topper that drew me in... One more dream wish for my "honey do" list... Loved the twig gate too. My daughter sat on my lap and enjoyed the pics too - but she found Sponge Bob on that bench where I only saw vintage fluffies! So funny what each of us takes away from a picture. ;-) Thanks for sharing them all on your beautiful blog!
BTW - you live right where I'd love to be one day!

Linda said...

What a wonderful tour...I especially liked the sink full of flowers and the cat painted on the window...what fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis