Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweeten Creek Antique Mall, Asheville

The Sweeten Creek Antique Mall has over 3,000 square feet of space and is full to the brim with individual booths rented out to antique dealers, collectors and artists. It is a fun place to shop.

Recently I have joined in with two other ladies to share a both. I am just cleaning out my storage unit but they have lots to offer in lovely antiques, and hand painted furniture. Our booth is number 71 - called Fairies and Foxgloves - sign painted by Emily.



It is warm and welcoming with lattice walls and soft colors and offers everything from cookbooks, cookware, collectibles and clothing. I do have some vintage hats that I added to sell.



My favorite things are Emily's hand painted pieces. She finds old furniture, strips it down and then paints darling vignettes of storybook like animals on them in great detail. She is in the process of painting a mural on the exterior of the mall building...I will check in with her to see how it is going and post about it in a future post.




The booth is very whimsical and you will find fairies galore! And so much more...vintage prints, dishes, lamps, dolls, baskets.....





For more information on Sweeten Creek Antique Mall just click on the name and it will take you to their website. They are located just past the Biltmore Village in Asheville and well worth the visit.

For more places to see all over the world visit My World Tuesday!

4 comments:

VioletSky said...

Your booth looks so inviting!
I know I wouldn't be able to leave without taking home a few treasures.

Carver said...

What a delightful booth. Very appealing.

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow - what a little booth of big treasures! And such fun stuff to! You are all very talented to have made such a lovely shope with great collectibles to buy.

This is a brilliant artistic venture - GOOD LUCK with it!

take care
x

EG Wow said...

I hope you do well! Your products are wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis