Saturday, May 15, 2010

Straw Bale Garden Update....



A few weeks back I posted about our first venture into straw bale gardening...the two beds of tomatoes are doing well and we have another row of beans and other veggies going in. Seems to be all that they say it is...very easy, no mess, and quite productive!



Our broccoli is going good and almost ready to harvest!





Our lettuce patch is up and ready to harvest..arugula, spinach, red leaf...been having salads daily now.




This little guy was stuck to the plastic cat shelter cover. I have never seen one close up in the wild! Probably not good for the garden....



Our yard is filled with irises..purple, white and this lovely yellow.




Please visit Today's Flowers and Scenic Sunday for more posts about the great outdoors!

9 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Awe Cheri, Your garden with those fresh veggies looks and sounds incredible. Glad the straw bale gardening is going so well.

Love the yellow iris also.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

The Happy Homemaker said...

Irises are just so beautiful!Glad your gardening is going well:)

cat said...

I really do envy you your beautiful garden :)
Thank yor for sharing these lovely photos.

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!!!

That straw bale is really working - look at all your yummy veggies!! And so healthy too. Excellent!

And great to see that gorgeous yellow iris. That snail is a bruiser but I'm sure he'll be a yummy treat for some bird or something! :-)

Take care
x

Tammie Lee said...

I am so glad your garden is doing so well! Looks wonderful.

Scott said...

Straw bale gardening is new to me, I might have to check this thing out. Thanks for dropping by my blog and I hope I see you again soon.

Jo said...

Your straw bale veggies look so fresh and crisp, Sheri. BTW back in South Africa (where we have our home) I don't kill snails or anything in the garden. My own philosophy. Have a wonderful day.

Denise said...

I am so impressed with your veggie garden, and these photos are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lui said...

Oh Cheri, I envy your garden too! Oh, how I wish we have enough space in our house Heaven and in our busy lives to plant veggies we can eat before the hounds etc. beats us to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis