Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flowers in Memory...



I have not posted anything because this has been a tough week for our family. We lost my mother-in-law Lou Ellen who was almost 90 on Sunday last and then suffered a very unexpected loss of my best friend Kathy unexpectedly at the young age of 59.




Whenever I am hurting, I find solace in the beauty of nature, in walking in the woods and in the quiet sounds of nature around me. The yard is still full of spring blooms... tiger lilies, full petaled peonies and late blooming azaleas.










The cool dark woods behind the house offer exotic looking pitcher plants and brightly colored flame azaleas.








The most touching flower for me is the simple rose..it brings back so many memories of loved ones here and gone....






May nature fill you with her beauty this Memorial Day weekend...one of remembering our loved ones. For more flower posts please stop by Today's' Flowers.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So sorry to read of your loss, I send my condolences.
The roses are so beautiful, I would think that they would compare to these special ladies, treasures in life.

carolina nana said...

Sounds like you have had a dreadful week. May God bless you and ease the pain of your losses. Have a blessed weekend.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I'm so sorry for your two losses that came so close together, may you find solace and peace in the beauty of nature........

Judy said...

My heart goes out to you in your loss! The flowers are beautiful, and I am hoping they help you find peace, slowly!

Stephany said...

I am very sorry for you and your family. It is so hard to lose the people close to you. Your photos are a beautiful tribute.

Sarah Knight said...

My condolences on your losses.
Your yard is very beautiful.

Arija said...

Your pink rose weeps so gracefully for your double loss. You are so right to seek solace in nature, she works her miracles better and more gently than any number of words ever could.

Hugs and Blessings. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis