Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spa and Waterfalls, Grove Park Inn, Asheville



This is my entry for Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday - the Spa and waterfalls at Grove Park Inn in Asheville. I work there actually in a small art gallery. The spa is fairly new being built in the last ten years and is all underground. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the trees are in spring bloom right now.



You take an elevator down to the lowest level of the hotel and walk along dark rock lines halls dotted with sitting areas, skylights and waterfalls. The spa rooms are off this hall - with names like Juniper, Lavender on the doors. They also have a gift shop and cafe down here. I cannot get into the main area of the spa itself unless I pay the fee for the day. They offer a wide variety of treatments and many people do frequent the spa.









Back up on the upper level there are steps, walkways and terraces winding down to the base of the complex past may waterfalls and another entrance to the spa. I like to walk down but take the elevator up - it is a work-out! On my breaks I sit on the terraces and enjoy the peaceful sound of water rushing over the rocks.






At the lowest level there is a spa entrance as well as a small patio with tables. The main waterfall ends here in a large pool. It is pretty wild to look up and see the roof of the Inn from down here.












Hope you enjoyed the tour. Don't forget to visit other Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday participants! The Grove Park has a great web site if you would like to know more.

8 comments:

luvsclassics said...

Fantastic. Looks so relaxing. I want to come and stay there.
Thanks for sharing.

Shey said...

A very beautiful place. Love the waterfalls. Would love to go there too.

Tina said...

Very beautiful photos of a lovely place! :)

Cher' Shots said...

Wow, if we're ever in that area we will have to check it out! Thanks for sharing.

Riet said...

Very interestig place. Love those waterfalls

Appalachian Lady said...

Wow--did they actually construct the waterfall? Looks so natural. I was at the Grove Inn in the 80s--it must be nice to work at such a beautiful hotel.

Old Kitty said...

What a fantastic place to work in!!

What a view of the waterfalls!!! This is such a treasure of a place to have a spa. It's in such a lovely place nestled in the hills within trees. What a retreat!! I really could see myself sitting on the terrace enjoying some tea and the stunning view!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Take care
x

Hootin' Anni said...

Okay....sign me up for a week's stay!! Wow...just wow.

I'm trying to catch up on my wonderful visitors from Wednesday. I thank you for dropping by and leaving such a kind comment. It's always so much appreciated.

Thanks, and do come again sometime soon.

Hope your day has been treating you well so far!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis