Thursday, April 1, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Cloud Bank

Even with blue skies the other day, this huge bank of clouds sat over Mount Mitchell (the highest peak in the Appalachians) for the whole day. This photo was taken coming over the Continental Divide towards Black Mountain traveling on Route 9.






Using my telephoto I got even closer to the clouds - they looked pretty dense but not threatening. Sometimes clouds like this catch on the highest peaks and do like this one - just sit there. I lived in the shadow of Grandfather Mountains for many years and this happened to us a lot. We could drive a few miles and the weather would be clear out from under the cloud cover!



For more fun sky posts check out Skywatch Friday.





6 comments:

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

this is beautiful...i love it!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Neat Cheri.... I love Mount Mitchell. We drove up there once--and then hiked up to the top.

Great pictures of the clouds..
Hugs,
Betsy

Carver said...

Beautiful shots in the mountains. I know those mountains well and you captured the cloud cover over them perfectly.

Old Kitty said...

Hi

It really does look as if a band of cloud is just resting on the mountains doesn't it? And it's really lovely that it's under this great expanse of blue.

I'm really liking Grandfather Mountain- what a beautiful place to be living in the shadow of!

Take care
x

Melody said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures are beautiful. You live in a great place. I think its cool that you are into the natural stuff.

Here in birmingham we have just 1 Holistic doctor for animals. I've thought about taking my sweet Babybella because she has a blood disorder which makes her a Free Bleeder. I keep hope that there is something else I can do for her. You have a nice day.

Tammie said...

I love the blanket of clouds hovering over the mountains. Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

ShareThis